contents of users directory - permission errors

E

emsol

Hi,

Ive finally got this installed and working - there is only one problem..

When the sitebuilder creates the files in htdocs/user/ for the site that is being designed, it sets the permissions to 700 and this brings up a 403 in the browser when previewing. The error produced in the log is as follows...

(13)Permission denied: access to /users/b0/b049f92ee34ba8125ab690d18b393498/preview/index.html failed because search permissions are missing on a component of the path

Manually changing the file permissions to 755 allows the preview to work.

This is a cpanel server running phpsuexec so php runs as the user "sitebuilder".

Yeah, got the same problem here. Cpanel with PHPSuexec. User directories have 700 permissions instead of 755.

-Dario

You should also notice a problem if you try and use the "advanced" tab on the wysiwyg editor...

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: sb_getfile_content() in /usr/local/sitebuilder/htdocs/wysiwyg/php/tagedit.php on line 11

There are other problems too. Trust me, its a wast of time - unless they can come up with a cpanel specific installer. Doubt they will do that though, being rivals and all.

Hello,

Patch that should solve the problem is attached.
You should extract it to
/usr/local/sitebuilder/include/classes/ directory.

Don't forget set proper permissions on the file 'class.util.inc'.

Thanks, Danil! But do you work for SW-Soft? Is this patch officially supported?

-Dario

Hello,

Don't worry about this :) I'm Technical Support Engineer from SWsoft.

You can create trouble ticket regarding the problem and I will provide you with the patch.

The patch worked great! There's still a problem, though: when a user uploads a new logo for his site, the file is saved with permissions 600 instead of 644, so the image won't show up in his browser...

-Dario

File link does'nt work... I have to resolve this file permission error... file is to apache instead to the user...

Originally posted by hmorneau
File link does'nt work... I have to resolve this file permission error... file is to apache instead to the user...

Please, ask support to solve the problem

Hello, I am the same last problem that Dario:
Sitebuider Linux 4.5 (after activate phpsuexec): when a user uploads a new logo for his site, the file is saved with permissions 600 instead of 644, so the image won't show up in his browser...

Thanks..

Hello, I am the same last problem that Dario:
Sitebuider Linux 4.5 (after activate phpsuexec): when a user uploads a new logo for his site, the file is saved with permissions 600 instead of 644, so the image won't show up in his browser...

Thanks..

please provide more information like product ,version , etc

Last edited by a moderator:
Back