• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Control Panel Down During Upgrade Failure (Blame Drweb)

S

Superman857

I'm currently running Plesk 10.0.0.1 and have tried to use the autoinstaller script to upgrade to various other versions. However, it fails during the upgrade when trying to do a forced upgrade on sitebuilder requiring about 3gb of space (error returned is malloc(...) returned NULL). I have enough space (just barely), but the upgrade still fails and I'm not sure why.

Ever since, I cannot access the control panel. If I navigate to the login page, it just displays a blank white page. If I visit with HTTPS, it presents the certificate, and then the blank page. I can SSH in and everything, but I'm not sure where I would find the error messages or get the service started.

Trying

service psa stop
service psa start

results in:

bash-3.2# service psa start
Starting psa... done
Starting xinetd service... done
Starting named service... done
Starting mysqld service... done
Starting postgresql service... not installed
Starting psa-spamassassin service... done
Plesk: Starting Mail Server... already started
Starting mail handlers tmpfs storage
Starting psa... done
Starting drwebd service... failed

And /var/log/messages shows this for drweb:

Jun 27 16:20:58 ip-xxx drwebd.real: Key file: /opt/drweb/drweb32.key - Key file was not found! (No such file or directory)
Jun 27 16:20:58 ip-xxx drwebd.real: A path to a valid license key file was not specified.
Jun 27 16:20:58 ip-xxx drwebd.real: Plesk authorization failed: malformed response (no 'response=' field).
Jun 27 16:20:58 ip-xxx drwebd.real: Error: Plesk Software not running.

Looks like the key file got messed up somehow during an upgrade somewhere? I started out at 9.x.x something and was headed for a current version but got stuck on 10.0.0.1 somewhere along the way...

Anyone know how to fix this, or temporarily disable drweb until I can restore the rest of services? It seems some domains are down (not sure why, as others are up).

Back