• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Control Panel Speed

M

malikcide

I installed Virtuozzo on a Quad 2GHz 4GB Ram 15K SCSI 128MB Cache writeBACK cache system. I ran three installations of Plesk 8.2 on RH5 64 with RH4 64 Host. Everything ran silky smooth.

I opted to run one install of Plesk and remove Virtuozzo out of the picture.

So I installed RH5 64 and Plesk 8.2 manually, I am running 0.00-0.02 load and no domains installed yet the control panel seems no where near as smooth as under Virtuozzo. Response time to clicks are .5-5 seconds. Sometimes faster and slower than othe times, but certainly does not have the snappyness I felt under Virtuozzo, it was always super snappy. I would feel this much hardware running no domains should be super snappy.

Anything I could look at or maybe change to make it feel more responsive? I turned on the option to allow people to minipulate options before the page is loaded, which seems to give a better impression of speed.

Back