• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Converting a Subscription to a Subdomain in Plesk After Migration from cPanel

jamataran

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
AlmaLinux 8.9 (Midnight Oncilla)
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.56 #4
Hello everyone,

I recently faced a challenge after using the "Plesk Migrator" plugin to import several sites from a cPanel. The issue I'm encountering is that some of the subdomains have been incorrectly imported as separate subscriptions. This is causing a series of complications, especially with plugins like "Cloudflare DNS."

I'm seeking advice on how to convert a subscription back into a subdomain under a domain that's hosted in another subscription. This would rectify the current structure, aligning it with the original setup in cPanel.

Any guidance or solutions to this problem would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your help!

Best regards, Jose

You can try to "move domain" from one subscription into another, but it will not become a subdomain in terms of the organizational structure in the subscription. It will still be a "domain" (although react on webserver requests correctly). As the result you'll have a Subdomain that sits on the same level like the domain, but in the same subscription. It's actually often better to have it that way, because such a configuration has all features that the domain has while a subdomain lacks some (e.g. mailboxes). Please make sure to have a full backup before moving the (sub)domain.

Back