• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Converting Shared IP to Exclusive IP

G

getagrip59

Howdy Folks,

I have a domain I would like covert from a shared IP to a dedicated IP without losing any of the data. Can I do it? I see where you can delete the domain and start over, but will I lose all of the data? It has a full Mambo site built.

Thanks,
Steve

If you have not already done so, you will need to go into CLIENTS - select the client - IP POOL and give them access to the second IP address (dedicated IP).

Then go into DOMAINS - SETUP, you will be able to pull down a pick list of the IPs which have been marked as selectable by that Client. Currently it will show the shared IP since that was what the domain was setup with. Pull down the list and pick the dedicated IP and save it.

Changing the IP this way should cause absolutely no data loss. However if you have any scripts or coding which has the old IP address hardcoded, then those will need to be changed manually, there would be no way for the control panel to know...

Also if you had done any customizations to the domain's DNS you would need to check/verify the DNS of the domain after you save the IP change. (good practice to check anyways)

Back