• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Copy a website between Domains

Chinese dave

Basic Pleskian
Hello

With the new release of Plesk v. 11.0.9 I am seeing problems copy website between domains.

i.e. test1.mydomain.com to test2.mydomain.com

The images are been copied correctly but URL accessing the image updated correctly.

This worked find in release 10.x.x

The copy is performed by

1) save the website to local file
2) Restore the file to the new domain
3) Used the "revert" on the restore file to see and used the website.

Any one else seeing this problem?

Pete

Hi Pete,

I'm afraid I don't exactly understand your issue and how it's related to WPB. Are having trouble with WPB "snapshot" functionality? If so, what exactly is your problem with it? Thank you.

... more details

Hello

I confirm it is WPB I am using.... I am copying a web site built in one domain to another

To recreate this problem preform the following...

1) Create a WPB web page with few images ... test1.mydomiain.com
2) Back up and download the website to your PC
3) Open a new domain ... test2.mydomain.com
4) Upload the WPB website saved to your local PC
5) Revert the test2.mydomain to the website up loaded for the local PC
6) Now look at the images on website... you will see that they no longer working

This processes is critical to on-going maintenance of a website ... making changes to a test site. Once reviewed and signed off, transfer the test system website to production system.

This process was working fine in 10.x.x but not in 11.0.9.

I hope this makes more sense?

Regards, Pete

Hi Pete,

We have confirmed this issue and are working on a fix. Thank you for reporting this.

Hi,

Currently, it is. However, we are planning to add a "send bug report" functionality to WPB in 11.1 to make things easier for hosters and users.

Back