• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Copy backup file vom ftp-repository to server-repository -> curl: timeout

McSchwaiger

New Pleskian
Hi,

I want to move a backup file (12,6 GB) from my personal ftp-repository to my server-repository to restore a domain.

After a while I get the following Error:

Fehler: pmm-ras error (Error code = 1):
== STDOUT ====================
Transport error: Unable to download remote file 'ftp://zulu653.myftpbackup.com//psa/zulu_1203150417.zip': Curl error: a timeout was reached

==============================
== STDERR ====================

==============================

I already set the FtpRequestTimeOut Value to 10800 (3 hours) to solve the upload timeout problem.

How can I get the backup file back to my server repository??

Plesk 9.3, Windows Server 2008 Web

Last edited:
First I would recommend that, in the future, you set up your backup to create files that are not bigger than 2047 MB, as suggested by the system (at least it is with Plesk for Linux...).

That should prevent that such a timeout occurs again.

Regarding you present situation, I would suggest that you manually retrieve the 12,6 GB file by ftp, and load it in a newly created temporary directory on you server.

Unzip it there, then move everything to the proper Plesk directory.

At that point, you should hopefully see the backup in your interface, and be able to restore what you need.

Last edited:
Back