• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Copy reseller account from one server to another...

T

Triloxigen

I want to copy a reseller account from Server A to Server B (with admin account).

I tried domain backup but I got the error:
Unable to restore file: Error: domain_bu: Dump signiture verification failed for <dir>
Dump signiture verification failed <dir_again>

Anyone got an sollution?

That is a Plesk security feature to prevent your customers from backing up their website on one server and then restoring it on another.

The solution (as I learned the hard way) is to follow the instructions in the Plesk 7.5 backup manual. You must do a MANUAL restore of the domain dump onto the new machine. It is time consuming but it does work.

I beleive you can also use the migration tool in plesk and just migrate that one account.

Originally posted by waremock
I beleive you can also use the migration tool in plesk and just migrate that one account.

I tries, and that doens't work because SSH acces is needed on botrh servers...

Originally posted by ZopfWare
That is a Plesk security feature to prevent your customers from backing up their website on one server and then restoring it on another.

The solution (as I learned the hard way) is to follow the instructions in the Plesk 7.5 backup manual. You must do a MANUAL restore of the domain dump onto the new machine. It is time consuming but it does work.

That isn't a big problem, the only problem are the passwords..
I do'nt want that everyone needs to change there passwords again...

What is the reasoning behind this? Just seems like more hassle than anything. A customer should be able to backup their site and put it on whatever server they want shouldnt' they?

Originally posted by Triloxigen
I tries, and that doens't work because SSH acces is needed on botrh servers...

Are you able to open SSH? I think the migration tool would be your easiest option.

Originally posted by waremock
Are you able to open SSH? I think the migration tool would be your easiest option.

Not on Server A

Just use command-line psarestore utility. It'll work fine, just does the same as the control-panel restoration would do if it'd let you.

Originally posted by ZopfWare

LMAO!
"a Plesk security feature" = Major shortcoming. Why have a backup if it cannot be restored on another server? The ONLY times I have needed to restore domains is when Plesk servers take a cr@p! I am not the King of Common Sense, but that is really wrong. I would just rather not see the button or option there at all than have our collective intelligence insulted in such a way. (Plesk, you guys need to learn how to Scrap a project. If it dont work dont include it. Otherwise it = bloatware which everyone hates!) Hey, there really are just stupid answers, and although sadly true, this is one of them.

Now a huge issue arrises. Is Plesk going to continue to play "Big Brother" and tell everyone what they need and how to want it? or will they change course and begin listenning and ating as supportive suppliers and business associates for those who have rewarded them generously thus far?

The flowwing does not work, permission denied :mad:

/root/backups/<backup_file> --single-domain-mode --domein-name=domain.tld --domain-ip=62.212.87.217 --client-login=jop

Back