• The new Python extension is now available. It allows customers to deploy and manage WSGI-based Python applications on their websites directly from Plesk.
  • Debian 11 has reached its end-of-life (vendor EOL date - August 31, 2026). Plesk Obsidian 18.0.81 is the last release to support it.
    If you are running Plesk Obsidian on Debian 11, we recommend you upgrade those servers to Debian 12 using our dist-upgrade tool.
  • We plan to deprecate and remove the support for XML RPC protocol versions earlier than 1.6.9.1 in Plesk Obsidian 18.0.82. We strongly recommend that you update all existing integrations using earlier versions of the XML RPC protocol to comply with the version 1.6.9.1 specification.

correct dns configs for my domains?

N

noworyz

Guest
I am trying to figure out the best DNS configuration for all my domains. I have my main domain that I have listed as the nameservers (ns1 and ns2). Then I have say 15 other domains on the server all with the same name servers.

What I have now is (substituted domains and IP's)

MAIN DOMAIN (the one I have regsitered for the name servers)

Code:
ftp.maindomain.com.     CNAME     maindomain.com.
mail.maindomain.com.     A     xxx.xx.xxx.xxx
mail.maindomain.com.     TXT     v=spf1 a mx ~all
maindomain.com.     NS     ns1.maindomain.com.
maindomain.com.     NS     ns2.maindomain.com.
maindomain.com.     A     xxx.xx.xxx.xxx
maindomain.com.     MX (10)     mail.maindomain.com.
maindomain.com.     TXT     v=spf1 a mx ~all
ns1.maindomain.com.     A     xxx.xx.xxx.xxx
ns2.maindomain.com.     A     xxx.xx.xxx.xxx
webmail.maindomain.com.     A     xxx.xx.xxx.xxx
[url]www.maindomain.com.[/url]     CNAME     maindomain.com.


then on all my other domains I have something similar to this (obviously customized for the actual domain)

Code:
otherdomain.com.     NS     ns1.maindomain.com.
otherdomain.com.     NS     ns2.maindomain.com.
otherdomain.com.     A     xxx.xx.xxx.xxx
otherdomain.com.     MX (10)     mail.otherdomain.com.
otherdomain.com.     TXT     v=spf1 a mx ~all
ftp.otherdomain.com.     CNAME     otherdomain.com.
mail.otherdomain.com.     A     xxx.xx.xxx.xxx
mail.otherdomain.com.     TXT     v=spf1 a mx ~all
webmail.otherdomain.com.     A     xxx.xx.xxx.xxx
[url]www.otherdomain.com.[/url]     CNAME     otherdomain.com.

Is that correct or are there some settings that I have that I don't need or settings that I need that I don't have? Thanks for the help
 
Back
Top