1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Corrupt named.conf

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by serlank, Mar 27, 2006.

1. serlank

serlank Guest

Hi,

For the second time in 3 months, /etc/named.conf was corrupted.

I had to manually delete the corrupt zones, and ran dnsmng to update the zones in named.conf.

Has anybody had the same problem before?

I did a search on the forums, but couldn't find anybody with the exact same problem.

I'm running psa v7.5.4_build75060321.21 os_RedHat 9

Thanks,
    Stephan

2. JD Austin

JD Austin Guest

Question: how did you figure out they were corrupt?

3. serlank

serlank Guest

I restarted my server, and noticed that named wasn't running.

4. rvdmeer

rvdmeer Guest

Couple of months ago there was an update regarding corrupt named config. Do you have an example? just to see if you got the same corrupt file?

5. serlank

serlank Guest

Unfortunately I don't have an example.

But as far as I can remember it was the zones that were all wrong. Half of the zone declaration was missing, etc.

If it ever happens again, I'l make a copy of the file.

6. JD Austin

JD Austin Guest

mailman permission / ownership issue

I encounterd an update about a year ago that munged my named.conf file. I had to edit a few lines and save it, it's been fine ever since.

I fixed my mailman issue tonite.
    Thanks to this guy that wrote a simple C script to change the group number on the fly when it's wrong:
    http://www.7gen.com/personal-blog-e...-fix-for-mailman-integration-on-plesk-systems

Why popuser is user 110 and group 101 I don't understand...