• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Could not load assembly 'System.IO.Compression.dll'

flyd

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Microsoft Windows Server 2016
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian, Version 18.0.51
Hi, with the last update: (Plesk Obsidian, Version 18.0.51, dernière mise à jour le 26 Mar 2023 22:01) my backups have an error per site like this:

<execution-result log-location="*\2023-03-31-010030.370\migration.result" local-dump-created="true" export-dump-created="true" local-dump-name="backup_info_2303290103_2303310100.xml" export-dump-name="backup_2303290103_2303310100.zip" status="warnings">
<object type="Server" name="*">
<object type="Customer" name="*.com">
<object type="Subscription" name="*.ca">
<object type="Mail" name="*.ca">
<message severity="warning">
<description>Could not load assembly 'System.IO.Compression.dll'</description>
</message>
<description>Could not load file or assembly 'System.IO.Compression, Version=4.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.</description>
</message>
<description>Unable to back up mail messages. Error: Failed to back up mail messages</description>
</message>
</object>
</object>
</object>

After a couple of research, I think it's one of the updates of .net core. In the changes log, I see:
  • Updated ASP.NET Core 7.0 to version 7.0.3.
  • Updated ASP.NET Core 6.0 to version 6.0.14.
So, what I can do now?

Can I just try a new install of the ASP.NET Core?
Is a update of config file required somewhere in the Plesk backup engine?

Thanks for help!

Back