• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Counter-Strike Install Error

T

T.S.

The Counter-Strike module started to install Counter-Strike once, but I forgot to enter my steam ID and password first so I had to cancel it. Now whenever I try to restart the install it says "Error: cs-gs-mng failed: Update is started already."

I removed the module, dropped cs module the tables from the psa database, then reinstalled the module, and it still gives me the same error message when I try to install the CS Server.

Any ideas?

I've had the same problem and countless others with the cs-gs and bf2gs.

Both dont work, SW Soft wont fix it (cause they say it works for them) and they wont tell me how to fix it myself.

Try to see if you can find anything in the log files <plesk directory>/admin/logs I believe.

There may be some useful information in there.

Originally posted by liquidblaze
I've had the same problem and countless others with the cs-gs and bf2gs.

Both dont work, SW Soft wont fix it (cause they say it works for them) and they wont tell me how to fix it myself.

Try to see if you can find anything in the log files <plesk directory>/admin/logs I believe.

There may be some useful information in there.
Well that sucks. I wonder if they try doing things in the wrong order during testing like an average user might do. :rolleyes:

I find it odd that it started to work once, but ever since I cancelled that first attempt, I can't start it again even if I remove everything including the cs-gs database tables and reinstall. :mad:

'm sure you already tried, but just for the sake:

do a "locate clean_module.php" - its a file in every module's directory (I think, at least in bf2 / cs) and it can rid your install of any remnants.

see if that works for you

Thanks for your posts.

I did everything as suggested and finally got Counter Strike to work. But, there are two other modules I need to installed (not the Battlefield modules) but rather the Condition Zero and Half Life mods.

Every time I try to use the update from Plesk I get this error:

Error: cs-gs-mng failed: Update is started already.

This must be one hell of an update because it's survived all those rpm uninstalls and reinstalls, even clearing the tables with phpADMIN.

Any (additonal) help would be apreciated!

Back