• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

couple of questions..

A

admin0

Hi,

I have been a very happy plesk UNIX user for the past 5 years.. so when I saw plesk for windows, i decided to try it out and move customers from another panel to the new windows-plesk server.

First of all, i want to seperate my windows 2003 server files to c:\ and have all data related to plesk go to d:\ or another drive. How do I make this possible ? Can this be set at the time of the install? or after it has already been installed?

#2.
Is it possible to install MSSQL after plesk has been installed, or does it needs to be present before the installation? In either case, is it possible to use sql's enterprize manager and import/export like normal or will that break plesk?

#3.
does MySql needs to be installed beforehand plesk is installed? or will plesk install it ?

similarly for CFM .. does it needs to be installed beforehand or can be done after ?

#4.
When we set resources to cleints, like his disk space and bandwidth? is it based on the overselling feature like CPanel has? Is it based on actual usage or set usage?

Thank you all for reading this and offering suggestions.

To answer you first question you can sperate where the Plesk data files go and where the client data goes.

For your second question it install MS SQL for you during the installation.

As for MySQL, it is currently not supported by Plesk, but should be in future updates.

As for resources it tracks the actual usage for all forms of traffic.

Let me know if you ahve any other questions.

Hi,

Thank you for your answers. How do I actually seperate it? is it before the install or after the install, and from where ?

Thanks,

You can select where you want it installed during the setup process. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Disk space

Disk space

Regarding disk space in Plesk 7 for Windows:
Suppose I define to a domain, 500MB of disk space and 300MB to mailbox. The result will be:
1. The domain shall have 300MB whitin the total of 500MB of disk space?
or
2. The domain shall have 300MB of mailbox PLUS 500MB of disk space, in a total of 800MB?

Thanks in advance for any help.

1. you can change the data dir after install by using plesk reconfigurator

2. plesk installs MSDE. You may upgrade it to MSSQL afterwards. You must create the databases in plesk. Then you can import their data using EM.

3. MySQL is installed by Plesk and cannot be upgraded afterwards. Plesk may not work with newer MySQL installations than it installs itself. Coldfusion is installed separately.

4. You may hard disk limit your clients, or just soft limit them. If soft limit is set they may oversell, and you will get notified they are exceeding their account.

Back