• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

courier-imap gone after failed upgrade 11.0 -> 12

Rubenve

New Pleskian
Today I tried to upgrade my Plesk 11 server to 12. This unfortunately failed and it took me a while to restore everything back to 11.

The only problem left now is that my imap server (courier) won't start. In the admin panel it says:

Error: Unable to make action: Unable to manage service by mailmng: mailmng: Unable to find start/stop script for 'courier-imap'

System error 2: No such file or directory ('--start-maild', 'mail')

And indeed every trace of courier-imap is gone and there is no init script in /etc/init.d

Is there a way for me to reinstall the courier-imap package? I'm running CentOS 6.7

Thanks in advance.

Hi Rubenve,

you can always use autoinstaller over the command line, like you can as well use autoinstaller over the Plesk Control Panel.

To use autoinstaller over the command line, you would use:

/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller

A full reference of all autoinstaller commands could be listed with:

/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller --help

If "autoinstaller" should not be present for what ever reason, you can always re-download it using the commands:

mkdir -p /root/plesk
cd /root/plesk
wget http://autoinstall.plesk.com/plesk-installer
chmod +x plesk-installer
./plesk-installer

Thanks for the reply. So do I have to do a full re-install of Plesk or can I use the --install-component option to install just courier-imap?
And what would the identifier be for that component, is it just "courier-imap"?

Thanks,
Ruben.

Hi Rubenve,

or can I use the --install-component option to install just courier-imap?
And what would the identifier be for that component, is it just "courier-imap"?

You can answer these questions all by yourself.... just have a closer look at the possible autoinstaller - options ( that's why I mentioned the "--help" - string :p :

/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller --select-release-current --show-components --show-options

--install-component COMPONENT_NAME_AS_SHOWN_WITH_THE_show-options_STRING

... and NO! You certainly don't have to do a full-reinstall.

Yeah I got that I actually did that after posting, but I don't know what module the imap package is part of. Also I checked yum and it says the package is in fact installed, but I don't have the init script. I have a feeling that during the upgrade process to Plesk 12 it was removed.

# yum list installed psa-courier-imap

psa-courier-imap.x86_64 3.0.8-cos6.build110120606.19 @PSA_11_0_9-dist

However I can't reinstall it, since yum uninstall psa-courier-imap will first remove all the dependencies including a whole bunch of other psa packages.
Not sure how to get this working and wishing I never tried the upgrade in the first place. :(

Alright turns out it was still installed and it was just the startup script that was removed by the upgrade process. courier-imap itself is still intact and located in
/usr/lib/courier-imap
I've just created a new init script and it's now working again. Thanks for the advice.

Back