• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Question Courier IMAP Problem

BNO

Basic Pleskian
Hey,

since I upgraded from onyx to obsidian, Our Outlook Customers get following Error:
Your IMAP client does not appear to correctly implement Unicode messages
What can I do ?
Is it possible and better to switch to Dovecot ?
What's with the emails in IMAP will they automatically migrate from courier to dovecot ?
What's best practice ?

i hope you can help me. Thank You.

best regards

Recently Courier-IMAP was updated to version 5.0, which introduced full UTF-8 support, please refer:

Courier Mail Server / GIT Repository (shared modules) / [4be100] /imap/ChangeLog

However, Outlook does not use such standard:

Courier Mail Server / Re: [Courier-imap] Outlook 2016 with Courier-IMAP 5.0.8 append alert

This is why the message is displayed when the mail account is synced. Currently, there are two workarounds for this incident:

1. Set up the mail account in another mail client, which support the new Courier-IMAP standards.
2. Switch from Courier-IMAP to Dovecot using our article to make the installation.

Thank You for your Reply.

Will all eMails be lost if i install Dovecot and use it. Will they migrate from Courier imap to dovecot ?

Edit:
Oh i found this , so i think there are no problems wth the new obsidian ?!

Back