• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Courier IMAP Problem

BNO

Basic Pleskian
Hey,

since I upgraded from onyx to obsidian, Our Outlook Customers get following Error:
Your IMAP client does not appear to correctly implement Unicode messages
What can I do ?
Is it possible and better to switch to Dovecot ?
What's with the emails in IMAP will they automatically migrate from courier to dovecot ?
What's best practice ?

i hope you can help me. Thank You.

best regards

Recently Courier-IMAP was updated to version 5.0, which introduced full UTF-8 support, please refer:

Courier Mail Server / GIT Repository (shared modules) / [4be100] /imap/ChangeLog

However, Outlook does not use such standard:

Courier Mail Server / Re: [Courier-imap] Outlook 2016 with Courier-IMAP 5.0.8 append alert

This is why the message is displayed when the mail account is synced. Currently, there are two workarounds for this incident:

1. Set up the mail account in another mail client, which support the new Courier-IMAP standards.
2. Switch from Courier-IMAP to Dovecot using our article to make the installation.

Thank You for your Reply.

Will all eMails be lost if i install Dovecot and use it. Will they migrate from Courier imap to dovecot ?

Edit:
Oh i found this , so i think there are no problems wth the new obsidian ?!

Back