• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Courier-IMAP shipped by Parallels and virtual shared IMAP folders

burnleyvic

Regular Pleskian
We have started recently to investigate using shared IMAP folders with Courier IMAP. As far as I know, Plesk is using authpsa authentication module and, before starting to play with configuration options, mailboxes and other in our test environment I was wondering if you've had any experience with this previously, perhaps as a result of other customers' inquiries.
As a starting point, this is where the Courier IMAP shared folders are documented:
http://www.courier-mta.org/imap/README.sharedfolders.html There are basically 3 options one can use to implement this is the virtual environment managed by Plesk, where all the accounts are virtual, owned by user "popuser":
1. Having the users defined in the file /etc/courier-imap/shared/index. This is not an option in a shared environment, where all the listed user & folders are visible to everyone.
2. Defining groups of mail accounts. Better than 1. but still not good enough, since it still allows the IMAP clients to traverse the whole IMAP folder namespace.
3. Using the option "sharedgroup" for the mail accounts. This approach seems to fix the privileges separation issue that 1. and 2. have, *but* it must be supported by the authentication module and the utilities used by Plesk to initialize / update the account options.
Given the above, here comes the questions:
- do you know if Plesk supports the "sharedgroup" option for Courier-IMAP?
- if it does, do you know of any Plesk deployment where this is / has been used?
- if not, what options do we have, or what would you suggest as an alternative?

I tried now a lot of thinks. Sadly without real success.

My steps:
1. create two fresh mailccounts in Plesk: test1@domain.tld and test2@domain.tld
2. use Thunderbird to create a new folder in the account of test1 "dir_to_share_of-test1" (INBOX.dir_to_share_of-test1)
3. afterwards cange the ACL of the new folder INBOX.dir_to_share_of-test1 with IMAP-ACL-Extension for Thunderbird (v0.2.6)
- add [email protected] with all rights.
4. create the /etc/courier-imap/share.tmp/index file with following content (use tabs as the separator!):
Code:
[B]test1[/B]@domain.tld 110 31 /var/qmail/mailnames/domain.tld/[B]test1[/B]
[B]test2[/B]@domain.tld 110 31 /var/qmail/mailnames/domain.tld/[B]test2[/B]

5. # /usr/sbin/sharedindexinstall will append the index file to /etc/courier-imap/share/index
6. the documentation ends here and you should now be able to subscribe the shared folder located in the "#shared." namespace.

Sadly it doesn't.

I think it's a problem with plesk own authpsa authentication module. With other modules like authuserdb and authpam you can use the authenumerate function to create the share/index file automatically.

Have anyone success with virtual shared folders in courrier imap in Plesk?!

Mean while I created a symlink of the .dir_to_share_of-test1 dir in the maildir of test2
Code:
# ln -s /var/qmail/mailnames/doman.tld/test1/Maildir/.dir_to_share_of-test1 /var/qmail/mailnames/domain.tld/test2/Maildir/.dir_to_share_of-test1
Afterwards I added .dir_to_share_of-test1 to /var/qmail/mailnames/domain.tld/test2/Maildir/courierimapsubscribed
This is only a work around until I found a solution to work with virtual shared folders with ACLs!

Back