• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Courier IMAP - Standard Folders

futureweb

Regular Pleskian
Hello,

one Question - I noticed that the standard Folders like Trash are created as Sub-Folders of INBOX ... so INBOX.TRASH
Apple Devices won't recognize those Folders by default it seems. They expect TRASH on root Level I think?!
Is there anything I can do?

Thank you
Andreas Schnederle-Wagner

Hi Guys,
if you are using Dovecot, you can edit the file...

/etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
Changing..
Code:
# Default private namespace setup compatible with Courier-IMAP.

namespace inbox {
  separator = .
  prefix = INBOX.
  inbox = yes
}

to

Code:
# Default private namespace setup compatible with Courier-IMAP.

namespace inbox {
  separator = .
  prefix =
  inbox = yes
}

And to make sure it doesn't get overwritten, create a file in...

/etc/dovecot/conf.d/20-namespace.conf

Containing the same.
Regards

Lloyd

Guess when I change prefix in Dovecot Config every existing User with IMAP Account will be in trouble - right?

Guess when I change prefix in Dovecot Config every existing User with IMAP Account will be in trouble - right?

I should have a test server around here I can try later, I will post back this evening.
But I don't remember there being any issues with existing accounts when doing this before.

Regards

Lloyd

I should have a test server around here I can try later, I will post back this evening.
But I don't remember there being any issues with existing accounts when doing this before.

That would be great! :)
My biggest fear is that existing Customers could have Troubles with their Mails (Outlook/Android/Apple/...) when I change Mail-Server Config ... Imagine poor Phone Support Guys ... ;-)

Andreas

Hi Andreas,
I just tried, I had to re-add the email accounts or there were left over/duplicate folders under Inbox.
Sorry I couldn't be more help
Kind regards

Lloyd

Hey Lloyd,
thx a lot for taking the time and testing it! Unfortunately this behaviour was excactly what I was expected to happen! :(

Andreas

Back