• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Resolved Courier IMAP - Standard Folders

futureweb

Regular Pleskian
Hello,

one Question - I noticed that the standard Folders like Trash are created as Sub-Folders of INBOX ... so INBOX.TRASH
Apple Devices won't recognize those Folders by default it seems. They expect TRASH on root Level I think?!
Is there anything I can do?

Thank you
Andreas Schnederle-Wagner

Hi Guys,
if you are using Dovecot, you can edit the file...

/etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
Changing..
Code:
# Default private namespace setup compatible with Courier-IMAP.

namespace inbox {
  separator = .
  prefix = INBOX.
  inbox = yes
}

to

Code:
# Default private namespace setup compatible with Courier-IMAP.

namespace inbox {
  separator = .
  prefix =
  inbox = yes
}

And to make sure it doesn't get overwritten, create a file in...

/etc/dovecot/conf.d/20-namespace.conf

Containing the same.
Regards

Lloyd

Guess when I change prefix in Dovecot Config every existing User with IMAP Account will be in trouble - right?

Guess when I change prefix in Dovecot Config every existing User with IMAP Account will be in trouble - right?

I should have a test server around here I can try later, I will post back this evening.
But I don't remember there being any issues with existing accounts when doing this before.

Regards

Lloyd

I should have a test server around here I can try later, I will post back this evening.
But I don't remember there being any issues with existing accounts when doing this before.

That would be great! :)
My biggest fear is that existing Customers could have Troubles with their Mails (Outlook/Android/Apple/...) when I change Mail-Server Config ... Imagine poor Phone Support Guys ... ;-)

Andreas

Hi Andreas,
I just tried, I had to re-add the email accounts or there were left over/duplicate folders under Inbox.
Sorry I couldn't be more help
Kind regards

Lloyd

Hey Lloyd,
thx a lot for taking the time and testing it! Unfortunately this behaviour was excactly what I was expected to happen! :(

Andreas

Back