• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Forwarded to devs Courier to Dovecot migration does not keep subscribed folders

mr-wolf

Silver Pleskian
Plesk Guru
TITLE:
Courier to Dovecot migration does not keep subscibed folders
PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE:
Plesk 17.5.3, Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
When I migrate a domain from a Plesk server with Courier to a domain with Dovecot it does NOT keep the subscribed folders.

This is necessary for a transparent migration.

A client connected to the new mailserver will see all its mail disappear before its eyes. This can easily be solved later, but not the damage to his heart....​
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
migrate a domain from a Courier Plesk server to a Dovecot Plesk server​
ACTUAL RESULT:
All subscribed folders are gone​
EXPECTED RESULT:
Subscribed folders should be the same as on the source server​
ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
This is quite easy to implement during migration.
Dovecot keeps this information in the file 'subscriptions'
Courier keeps it in the file 'courierimapsubscribed'

sed '/^INBOX$/d;s/^INBOX//g' courierimapsubscribed >subscriptions
YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM:
Confirm bug

It's the "subscription flags" that are gone.
Not the mail folders.

It's a simple text file that just needs to be filled

Sorry for my misunderstanding and answering here instead of the pm. I hope to see it resolved soon...

Back