• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Cpanel 11.40 not compatible

YuriMelo

New Pleskian
Hi.

We've updated 20 servers to WHM 11.40.0 (build 16) today and Web Presence Builder was no longer publishing web sites.
We receive an "authorization failed" message.

So we tested with the remaining servers that where not updated and publishing was OK.

We enabled "Allow apps that have not registered with AppConfig to be run..." but publishing is still not working.

Does anyone also facing this issue?
Any help from Parallels?

Thanks,
Yuri

So, to keep using Web Presence Builder, customers must disable Cpanel update and use outdated Software?

Parallels should warn customers about the end of life of this product for Cpanel, because Cpanel updates software frequently.

Hi Yuri,

We have updated our cPanel plugin today -- I suggest you to install it and see if it fixes your issue. Please let us know if it does not. Thanks.

Thanks for your help, but even with "WHM/cPanel Presence Builder plugin 1.1.1 (build 37)" problem persists.

Yuri, how exactly you've downloaded the plugin? The latest version is v1.2.

Hello,

We are having the same problem, our cPanel version is: WHM 11.40.0 (build 19) and when a user try to publish a site receive an error.

root@xxxx [/home/xxxxxxx]# wget http://download1.parallels.com/WPB/Integration/cPanel/latest/wpb_cpanel.run
--2013-11-13 09:24:51-- http://download1.parallels.com/WPB/Integration/cPanel/latest/wpb_cpanel.run
Resolving download1.parallels.com... 72.21.81.253
Connecting to download1.parallels.com|72.21.81.253|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 159010 (155K) [text/plain]
Saving to: wpb_cpanel.run

100%[===========================================================================================================================================================================>] 159,010 --.-K/s in 0.02s

2013-11-13 09:24:51 (9.49 MB/s) - wpb_cpanel.run saved [159010/159010]

root@xxx [/home/xxxx]# chmod +x wpb_cpanel.run
root@xxx [/home/xxxx]# ./wpb_cpanel.run
Creating directory wpbPackage
Verifying archive integrity... All good.
Uncompressing Presence Builder for cPanel................................................................
Installing the Parallels Presence Builder plugin for cPanel...
The Parallels Presence Builder plugin for cPanel has been successfully installed.
Now you need to configure it in WHM > Plugins > Parallels Presence Builder > Settings tab, or by editing the configuration file /usr/local/cpanel/etc/webpresencebuilder.ini.

And checking in the file /usr/local/sb/tmp/sitebuilder.log in our stand alone wpb server, we get this error.

2013-11-13T09:27:50-05:00 [ERR] /JsonApi/ Can't receive authorization to work with the host 'xxxxx.com' with login 'xxxxx'
The site UUID: axxxx78-ce8d-baa6-fxxx7-ebe21ba9ac03
The publication target: ftp://[email protected]/public_html
The publication URL: http://xxxxxx.com xx.xx.32.4 http://servidor1.xxxxxxxxxxx.com/Editor Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_8_4) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/29.0.1547.57 Safari/537.36

Thanks!

Last edited:
jbravo, did you tried to contact with cPanel support team? Looks like their API behavior was broken in 11.40, WPB team has workarounded the problem in the latest plugin version, but in your case this does not work.

We are having the same problem. In our case, the latest plugin does not fix this issue. Really hoping for a solution soon. We have several clients waiting for a fix.

Kevin, what cpanel version do you use?

Please be sure that you checked the latest version of wpb cpanel plugin and "Hide login password from cgi scripts" option is enabled.

In other case I recommend you to contact with technical support, because additional investigation is needed.

KevinTurn, sorry, I've misprinted in previous message.
"Hide login password from cgi scripts" should be disabled. If you have enabled it, probably it's the reason why the plugin is not working for you.

Please tell me about results.

Could you tell me please (via PM) more details how you tried to reach technical support and what numbers you've used? I'll try find out why this way is not working for you.
Thank you.

Last edited:
KevinTurn, sorry, I've misprinted in previous message.
"Hide login password from cgi scripts" should be disabled. If you have enabled it, probably it's the reason why the plugin is not working for you.

Please tell me about results.

Could you tell me please (via PM) more details how you tried to reach technical support and what numbers you've used? I'll try find out why this way is not working for you.
Thank you.

Hello Egor,

Thank you for all of your help. We have tracked down the issue to simply being unable to publish while logged in as root/reseller. When logged in directly with the client's username and password everything publishes successfully now. I'm sure someone else may experience this as well in the future so please leave this post. Thank you again.

Hello all,
Our cpanel just updated to 11.42 and webpresence is giving a white blank page . Anyone facing the same issue?

Back