• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Cpanel Backup To Plesk

Andrew_Pa

Regular Pleskian
Hello to everyone.

The Title is obvious for exactly what I need. I have a backup of a Cpanel subscription and I would like to migrate it to my Plesk server.

At cpanel I do not have power user access, so when I tried to use Migration Manager, I took error connection.

Is there any way to perform my task.

PS: The major problem is the email accounts and not the hosting files and database, which I can handle them....

Plesk differs from cPanel, as you could already figure that out by their structures. Plesk also handles some things different...e.g. parked domain in cpanel are alias domain in plesk. Anyway:
http://kb.parallels.com/115612

You need root access, which i doubt you have since your client is probably on shared hosting.

Anyway, you can move emails like this:
http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?274906-urgent-backup-email-from-one-server-to-plesk

If you need help with email migration, please don't hesitate to ask.

Data and databases are easy when you do fullbackup. When you do it many many times like me, you will get used to it. Simple untar the fullbackup generated from cPanel -> enter directory. There you will find mysql folder where you can get list of all sql dumps. Also there is file called "homedir.tar" where public_html directory and all web files from cPanel are located. Usually I make new folder and move .tar there and unpack it. After that i move everything to the htttpdocs and import databases.

Thank you very much for your answer! I give a try to your instruction about mail! I other , as you said, are easy and I think I can handle them.

Anyway, I give a try and I will post about the results or the problems may have!

Thank you very much for your time!

Back