• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

cpanel to plesk error

W

wsani

Hi,

When I try to migrate from Cpanel to Plesk, I get the following error:

[19:56:25|INFO:26055:p.log] NoSuchAttribute: Node migration-dump does not have attribute dump-version [./xml_parse.cpp:238]

This worked previously. I removed the domain from the Plesk server, then tried to migrate it again and it didn't work this time. I should add that I just recently ran a yum update...

Same error when trying to migrate datas from a Cobalt Raq 550.
I just upgraded to 8.3 and ran a yum-update too.

I had to pay Parallels to get the issue corrected. It ended up being the deployer located under /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/deployer

You'll need to ask them to provide you a new version of the file I suppose....

Thanks for the quick answer !
I'm not going to pay, so I'm working on a manual migration.

Workaround

Plesk has an unfortunate history of creating backup files that it can't restore. Usually (as in this case) the failure is caused by a trivial validation error that you can easily fix by hand-editing the backup file. Unfortunately, hand-editing a 15GB file takes some forethought. That and "sed".

In this case, the "migration-dump" XML node doesn't have a "dump-version" attribute. "grep" the backup file for "migration-dump" and you'll see that it's right: that attribute is indeed missing. The workaround is to add one.

The following worked for me (all on one line):

sed 's/<migration-dump agent-name="PleskX">/<migration-dump agent-name="PleskX" dump-version="8.3.0">/' backup-file > backup-file-new

where "backup-file" is the name of your existing backup file, and "backup-file-new" is what you want to call the modified version.

Sed reads the file and does a simple replacement, as defined by the command 's/{old}/{new}/', outputting the result to stdout, which you redirect to a new file.

Assuming the only problem is the fact that the version attribute was missing, and what you see isn't a symptom of some deeper problem, then the resulting file should be good-to-go.

It worked for me.

I have the same error when using the migrationtool to migrate sites from Ensim.
I changed the line 7 of /opt/psa/PMM/agents/EnsimX/control/EnsimX.xsl
from
<migration-dump agent-name="{$agent_name}" >
to
<migration-dump agent-name="{$agent_name}" dump-version="8.3.0">

The problem seems to be fixed. I still have an error now with missing passwords:
Execution of /opt/psa/admin/plib/api-cli/domain.php --update *******.*** -hosting true -hst_type phys -ip **.***.**.** -webstat true -login **** -passwd failed with return code 1.
Stderr is
An error occured during domain update: error in hosting updating: Unable to update hosting preferences: system user update is failed: Unable to create system user: usermng: PAM password change failed: 20, Authentication token manipulation error

I can execute the command without errors when I add the password manually.

Line 7 of my /usr/local/psa/PMM/agents/Raq550/control/Raq550.xsl edited as you did: it has worked, migration done !

Thank you so much for your answers.

I can confirm this fix worked for me. Not after I had wasted a good two hours though.

The amount of time I have lost from this Migration Agent has been astronomical through the years. Oi.

Hi,

When I try to migrate from Cpanel to Plesk, I get the following error:

[19:56:25|INFO:26055:p.log] NoSuchAttribute: Node migration-dump does not have attribute dump-version [./xml_parse.cpp:238]

This worked previously. I removed the domain from the Plesk server, then tried to migrate it again and it didn't work this time. I should add that I just recently ran a yum update...

Hello wsani,

Thank you for reporting the issue to us. Please try applying the tips from the following knowledge base article: http://kb.odin.com/en/5197

Back