• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question CPU usage and webserver optimizing

I noticed HTTP/1.0 in your screenshot. Is HTTP/2.0 enabled on this server? That would improve the performance I guess.

We've changed the Apache logging for busy websites so elements as jpg, ico, png etc aren't logged anymore. Sounds simple but saves a lot of pressure on the servers.

Additional directives for HTTPS
Code:
SetEnvIf Request_URI ".(jpeg|png|css|gif|ico|js)$" dontlog

# Log what remains
CustomLog "/var/www/vhosts/system/<domain>/logs/access_ssl_log" combined env=!dontlog

We've changed the Apache logging for busy websites so elements as jpg, ico, png etc aren't logged anymore. Sounds simple but saves a lot of pressure on the servers.

Code:

# Log what remains
CustomLog "/var/www/vhosts/system/<domain>/logs/access_ssl_log" combined env=!dontlog

ok, i added these directives, thank you

Code:

# Log what remains

your code did not work so i tried this:

Code:
SetEnvIf Request_URI "\.(jpg|xml|png|gif|ico|js|css|swf|js?.|css?.)$" DontLog
CustomLog /var/www/vhosts/system/domain.com/logs/access_log combined Env=!DontLog

and it works now

thanks for your reply, as i mentioned before, i have OVH VPS (8v core, 32 GB ram, ssd) i have enabled nginx (in proxy mode) cache (64M / 5 sec), php opcache enabled also and use WP Fastest Cache on Wordpress
Is WP Fastest setup correctly? Do you have caching via .htaccess on?
is it not enough? you suggest to use server caching like memecached or varnish? is it can help to improve the webserver and help handle with 300 users at one time?
Unless you know what you're doing, NGINX proxy cache doesn't actually work well with WordPress because of cookies. There is no need for varnish, though memcached could help. 300 what users? Forum? Woocom users trying to checkout? Blog readers? It matters

Is WP Fastest setup correctly? Do you have caching via .htaccess on?

Unless you know what you're doing, NGINX proxy cache doesn't actually work well with WordPress because of cookies. There is no need for varnish, though memcached could help. 300 what users? Forum? Woocom users trying to checkout? Blog readers? It matters
i have caching via .htaccess on and i think the setup is correctly; usually we have about 300 clients (woocommerce), yesterday we had about 200, they mostly looking for new products (60-65 uniqe single products dropping every sunday 9:30 pm), some of them add items to the cart, some of them deciding to buy and they generate about 40 checkout on short time (15-30 minutes), but i think the most reason of the overload is massive refreshing website by them at 9:30-9:40, after that massive refreshing everything is back to normal and process of shopping is stable...

i have caching via .htaccess on and i think the setup is correctly; usually we have about 300 clients (woocommerce), yesterday we had about 200, they mostly looking for new products (60-65 uniqe single products dropping every sunday 9:30 pm), some of them add items to the cart, some of them deciding to buy and they generate about 40 checkout on short time (15-30 minutes), but i think the most reason of the overload is massive refreshing website by them at 9:30-9:40, after that massive refreshing everything is back to normal and process of shopping is stable...
Have you tried caching the page they refresh? Then just purge it once it is live?

Have you tried caching the page they refresh? Then just purge it once it is live?
clients refresh homepage where we show 18 new products and page like domain.com/new with 52 products per page, publishing of new prodcuts are usually planned (we add descriptions and images a couple hours before) and i don't sure if these pages are already cached, i didn't try purgining cache after publishing

this is the idea of our store (vintage store exactly), customers are fighting for the product, the items are limited, so first come first served

hmm, maybe that's the reason, maybe better will be publish products much before and just somehow enable ordering from 9:30 pm

Back