• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Create New Domain Error: Invalid Pointer

T

Tikkune

I cannot create a new domain since an upgrade from Plesk 7.6 to Plesk 8.1 revision. This is the error I get whenever I attempt to create a new domain:

Failed domain creation: Unable to update domain data: Unable to create dumps directory: Execute websrvmng --add-domain "--domain-name=test.com" failed: Invalid pointer (COM Error 80004003) at addSiteLink(sitebuilder, sitebuilder, test.com)
---------------------- Debug Info -------------------------------
0: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\htdocs\domains\create_domain.php:146

:confused:

Any ideas what might be wrong?

I had uninstalled Sitebuilder 2.1 using steps provided by SWsoft. Now I feel this may be the problem (since the error references sitebuilder).

Also, from Event Viewer:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Plesk: websrvmng.exe
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1
Date: 3/9/2007
Time: 10:35:48 AM
User: N/A
Computer: FC
Description:
Invalid pointer (COM Error 80004003) at addLinkSite(sitebuilder, C:\inetpub\vhosts\sitebuilder)
at (WebServerAdapter::addLinkSite line 4071)
at install(WebServerAdapter::install line 65)
at execute console command --add-domain(vconsoleapp::start line 128)
at execute "C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\bin\websrvmng" --add-domain "--domain-name=test.com"(vconsoleapp::run line 138)
Execute file name: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\bin\websrvmng.exe

(and second entry in Event Viewer)

Execute websrvmng --add-domain "--domain-name=test.com" failed: Invalid pointer (COM Error 80004003) at addLinkSite(sitebuilder, C:\inetpub\vhosts\sitebuilder)
at (execUtil line 107)
at Execute C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\bin\websrvmng --add-domain "--domain-name=test.com"(execUtil line 111)
at Create domain test.com(domainmng::addDomain line 41)
at execute console command --add-domain(vconsoleapp::start line 128)
at execute "C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\bin\domainmng.exe" --add-domain "--domain-name=test.com"(vconsoleapp::run line 138)
Execute file name: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\bin\domainmng.exe

I paid for SWsoft support to fix this issue; here is what they did to resolve the problem:

---

I fixed the issue. I used regedit and deleted the site cache: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PLESK\PSA Config\Config\SitesCache

Next time you create a domain or run websrvmng command, sites cache will be created automatically.

After, I was able to create a domain successfully (swtestsw.com). Please check the domain.

Thanks,

Yulia Minenkova
Technical Support Engineer
SWsoft, Inc.

I am SO happy when someone else can benefit from my experience. It makes paying for SWsoft support... much less painful. ;)

So far as I know, SWsoft does NOT follow-up paid support incidents by posting solutions for one client for others to benefit. I wish they did. It's up to us to keep suggesting that SWsoft improves their process for adding Knowledgebase How-To-Fix entries, and until they do, we can show them how to do it.

For anyone who fails to enter a solution just because their problem is fixed, please reconsider sharing your knowledge and making it easier on the next person. It takes time to do so, yes - but as you can see here, it's worth it. Next time you need an answer it might already be here and you can save time and $75.

I had a very similar problem. It seems to be related to a defect in the PLESK software. You would think that they should cover the cost of fixing problems directly related to obvious bugs in their software until a patch or minor version is released with a fix. *hint hint SWSOFT*

Thanks Tikkune, it worked for me. You save my day. I've running this issue for 2 weeks...

Thanks a lot

Hi

Thanks a lot.. you save me a lot of time

Barkan

Welcome

My favorite email notification messages are the ones that come in from instructional posts I made, where people, like you, have replied by saying 'thanks'. So, thank you, too.

:)

actually, it would be do nothing in registry you can do do it in command line as well:
C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\bin>websrvmng.exe --remove-sites-cache

I had this when generating statistics.
Your solution helped me also.

Thank you very much.

Back