• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Create read only user in Plesk

IA-Plesk

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
CentOS Linux release 7.9.2009 (Core)
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.46
We need to create a kind of Plesk administrator user that has read only access, with the ability to view all domains, subscriptions, customers and so on.

We tried to achieve it by creating an alternative administrator, following the instructions in How to create an additional administrator account in Plesk and Plesk in Restricted Mode.
We tested with both Restricted Mode enabled and disabled, and with Force Power User active and inactive. Apart from some changes in the interface, this administrator could only see a small part of the domains, and could still change things.

The question is: can we create such a read only user?
If we can only create an additional administrator that has still write access, what is limiting him from viewing all the domains (including the ones created by resellers)?

Apart from some changes in the interface, this administrator could only see a small part of the domains, and could still change things.
I've figured out why I had only access to a subset of domains: I was with Power User view active after forcing it while testing.

But the main question still remains.

There is no user role similar to an administrator with only read access in Plesk. I can't think of any other solution either. This is a really rare use case for which I am afraid is no solution available. Perhaps other forum users might think of something?

Back