• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Question Create Reseller Name Servers?

vefeind

New Pleskian
Could someone explain to me how I can create Reseller Name Server?

I vas a cPanel user for many years and in cPanel ther is a Reseller Center that I could create and assign reseller name servers.

How can I do this in Plesk.

Last edited:
Well, instead of trolling or writing insulting posts you could also have started to read the documentation about the reseller features of Plesk here:

Lack of knowledge is not a reason to become insulting....

Such an option does not exist in Plesk and ist most likely never to come. (one of then reasons is that such a thing does not follow RFC guidelines for DNS configurations, though technically it does not matter)

Well, instead of trolling or writing insulting posts you could also have started to read the documentation about the reseller features of Plesk here:

Lack of knowledge is not a reason to become insulting....
--> Lack of knowledge

Then why add "Reseller Management " to Plesk especially that we can't create a custom name server for reseller. This makes no sense.

Last edited:
Reseller Management is so much more than being able creating some pseudo personal name server for a reseller.

- Would I love to see a custom/personal DNS template for a reseller? For sure
- Would I love to see custom (names for) name server for a reseller? well, I don't need it and would make sure to steer as far away from it as possible, but I know that some of our resellers have asked for such a thing....so we might end up using it occasionally as well if it existed

But all in all we can manage without and still use the Reseller Management with great success and many very happy customers/resellers.
Sometimes they just need an solid explanation why wishing or using certain features are not necessary and/or bad in the long run and they'll accept that.

Could you explain to me why that is not a good idea tho have a custom name servers for resellers.

I was a cPanel user for many years, I just can't see the problem.

Last edited:
Using custom nameserver names adds an extra layer to the DNS configuration for the server. I recently saw some websites go offline when a server was migrated quickly (not enough testing) and nobody remembered the glue records.

You need somebody around all the time who will remember customized tweaks like that.

Well that's on them for not doing a good job and not inform their customers before the move.

Adding an extra layer to the DNS server for a custom reseller name server should not and is not a problem, and my time with cPanel there has never been any issues.

Back