• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Question Creating a database in Plesk Onyx

JonasJsk

New Pleskian
Hi

I have resently bought a dedicated server with (Debian 9.8‬ - Plesk Onyx Version 17.8.11)

This is my first Linux experience and I need a bit help creating a MySql database for my Prestashop website

Can someone please explaine to me these 2 sections

1 - User has access to all databases within the selected subscription ?

2 - Access Control
  1. Allow local connections only
  2. Allow remote connections from any host
  3. Allow remote connections from
Screenshot : Imgur

4LFAmGY

To use the database user for accessing any of your databases, select User has access to all databases within the selected subscription option.

Use one of the following options to control the remote access to the database on behalf of this database user:
  • Allow local connections only. Select to allow access from the localhost only.
  • Allow remote connections from any host. Select to allow access from any server, including the localhost and IP addresses of the Plesk server.
  • Allow remote connections from (the specified hosts). Select to allow access from the specified hostnames or IP addresses. Note that local connections will be allowed too.

Back