• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Question creating a server instance for Jenkins CI/CD

ChristianTF

New Pleskian
I have a centOS 7 and I have already a domain on there. However, I am in the process of changing the back end and ready to get it on the domain. the old one is `example.loading.com` and the new one will be `api.example.com`. I am worried because at the moment even after setting up a dedicated ip address so I can ssh in. The `api.example.com` is still listed as a vhost of the `example.loading.com` I fear that this is going to interfere with the current server that is running on it, if I need to update anything or move stuff around, etc. How can I create a separate server instance? Plesk docs just say to add a new domain.

this is important as the docs of Jenkins say it's best to have Jenkins running on a separate server

After I ssh in to the new domain I type `$ node -v` and it shows the version on the old server. How, can I create a dedicated server, or, will I need to create a new account? thank you

I think there is some confusion here...

Plesk as such does not enable you to set up a new dedicated server as that means setting up some hardware in a server rack somewhere first. What Plesk can do is set up and manage a new user account or a new domain name on an existing server instance, or, let you run and manage a Docker instance, at best. If that is not enough for your needs, you'll need to resolve this in some other way.

Do you actually need to run Jenkins on a separate server?

Perhaps if you describe your current server setup and describe your requirements, someone might be able to offer more specific advice.

Back