• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Creating email account via API

Anthony1

New Pleskian
Hi,
I'm having trouble on how to create an email account using the Plesk API. The XML sent to the server is :
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<packet version="1.6.3.5">
<mail>
<create>
<filter>
<site-id>8</site-id>
<mailname>
<name>maxime2</name>
<antivir>inout</antivir>
<password>
<value>test</value>
<type>plain</type>
</password>
</mailname>
</filter>
</create>
</mail>
</packet>

According to the documentation, this should work, but I get this error instead : Parser error: Request is invalid. Error in line 10: Element 'password': This element is not expected.

I guess I could create the account without any password, then add it via the update action, but this requires more treatment in case of failure (if the password is not strong enough, adding it will fail and I'll have to remove the created address).

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

The order of elements has matter.

Here is the fixed request:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<packet version="1.6.3.5">
<mail>
<create>
<filter>
<site-id>8</site-id>
<mailname>
<name>maxime2</name>
<password>
<value>test</value>
<type>plain</type>
</password>
<antivir>inout</antivir>
</mailname>
</filter>
</create>
</mail>
</packet>

I must have missed the part of the documentation where it's specified to put elements in the right order. It works fine now. Thanks !

Is it possible to create an email id through plesk panel with the help of any API?

Are you sure that your documentation link is correct?
Have you tried to use samples from http://download1.parallels.com/Plesk/PP11/11.0/Doc/en-US/online/plesk-api-rpc/34509.htm ?

" I just want know that i have VPS with plesk panel and i want to facilitate user to create an email id with the domain hosted on this server. I want to provide them the functionality like Gmail or yahoo so that they can create email id without logged into the plesk panel. Please advise on this."

Back