1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Creating FTP accounts

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by Ciaranm, Nov 21, 2005.

1. Ciaranm

Ciaranm Guest

Hi, I am not a system administrator by any stretch of the imagination, but as Plesk allows me to do most stuff I have never had many problems, except as I have recently discovered, set up 'chroot'-ed FTP accounts for clients. Or in other words, give them access to a specific folder on our our site to upload their own files etc, without access to the rest of the server.

I have found this reference on the sw-soft website which tells me there is indeed a solution, but after logging in with an ssh client I am totally lost and clueless

http://faq.sw-soft.com/article_21_415_en.html

Can anyone talk me through the commands etc needed to set up a chroot-ed FTP user from the system command line with correct permissions please?

Any help is greatly appriciated as i am tearing my hair out at present seeking a solution.

Regards and thanks

Ciaran Murray

2. jamesyeeoc

jamesyeeoc Guest

3. Ciaranm

Ciaranm Guest

Jamesy,

Brilliant, sorted in first go, worked like a treat.

Thanks a million!

Ciaran