• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Creating manual virtual hosts.

B

BradleyW

I don't know if I am adding a virtual host correctly in the SSH but I believe I am. I want to create a virtual host, without using any work spaces up. I don't know if Plesk some how makes it not work because it just comes up forbidden even when the directory plus files are on 0777 (Trying to make it work purposes)

Any help would be appreciated.

Bradley.

If you are running and using plesk on that server, don't try adding a vhosts manually without doing it through plesk. There are several links to the files in /var/www/vhosts/domain.com/conf/ that without those connections, your domain most likely will fail to work.

But the worst bit of it is that those vhost files will be overwritten the second plesk rebuilds its vhosts structure.

However, if you don't mind me asking: Why would you want to create your own virtual hosts without using plesk cp?

Beause My Plesk won't let me add more work spaces (limited to 10) surely there is a way to add them via virtual hosts how would plesk disable it if they apache is running the virtual host but access forbidden?

Ofcourse you can with extra tweaking of Apache but again something I don't recommend since plesk can reset those changes.

However, if you have 2 or more IPs, you can leave Apache on the default IP but set-up another webserver like lighttpd or nginx on the second IP but Apache and Nginx running on the same Port 80.

You can PM if you need help implementing of this ...

Back