• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Creating my own demo (client view)...

P

PE-Steve

Hello,

I'm looking to create a Plesk demo user so my viewers can try Plesk before they make a purchase.

I want the demo to look nearly the same as Plesk's demo client, although I want it to be my own. The same type of security is required. I don't want people to access things that they shouldn't be (such as backups, password editing, etc). I know how to protect the FTP settings, but that's pretty much it. I've viewed account permissions, etc. that are in the Plesk demo, but it's not really "optimized" if you're setting it up yourself.

Does anyone have any ideas or tutorials that will help me complete this?

Thank you.

Regards,
Steve

Just use Plesk's demo, just link to the URL from your web page.

Originally posted by akaplan
Just use Plesk's demo, just link to the URL from your web page.
Don't you think that if I wanted to do that, I wouldn't have created this topic in the first place?

what you could do is the following:

get the 1 domain license / 10 domain license for free / cheap and set up everything the way you want it to be set up.

make sure that any domain generated within plesk always returns "a ok" status, im guessing you'd have to edit some configs for that?

second: create a dump of the DB with all your settings, then set up a cron job that imports that dump every 4 or 6 or 12 or 24 hours...

not really a nice solution, but im guessing it would work

Back