• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Creating new site with dedicated Application pool generates error

I

IceaTronic

Hi Guys,

Apologies for the long winded post!

We have a recurring issue on a server that that is running Windows 2008 R2 and Plesk 9.5.

When ever we create a new domain/site within Plesk and attempt to assign it its own dedicated application pool we run into problems. We run through the first screen, entering in the details and click next, this works fine. The problem comes on the next screen, we fill out all the details (it doesn't matter what we fill out here, as long it all matches etc) and then tick 'Use dedicated application pool', click next, then we receive the following error message:

Error: Unable to update hosting preferences: Unable to reconfigure Web server: websrvmng failed: The specified username is invalid. (Error code 2202) at NetUserAdd()

How ever, if we do not tick the box to use a dedicated application pool, the site is created correctly.

Further to this, if we log onto the server using RDP, we can see that the Application Pool is created, the User for the Application Pool is created and the site is created within IIS. How ever, when trying to load the site, we simply get a 500 Error saying that the required permissions are not in place.

How ever, if we then change the password of the IWPD user and then re assign the user within Application Pool, add the user to the disk permissions for the vhosts folder for that particular website, the site then works correctly.

Thanks for taking a read and hopefully some one out there can help me? I have been having no end of problems with Plesk and Windows 2008, especially R2

Cheers,

IceaTronic

This problem was already submitted to developers and under their investigation now. I have updated request with your case and will update thread with results as soon as I receive it.

Apologies, this is for Plesk 9.3

NOT 9.5.

Thanks for the update, how ever, is there an ETA as to when this might be resolved? This is affecting the ability of Plesk to be used as a standalone Control Panel as we are required to make additional changes to the server it self even after following the normal procedures as documented by Plesk them selves.

Regards,
IceaTronic

Did you try to remove vhost and install it again?

%plesk_dir%/websrvmng.exe --remove-vhost --vhost-name=DOMAIN.COM
%plesk_dir%/websrvmng.exe --install-vhost --vhost-name=DOMAIN.COM

This should do it for you :)

Hi all,

I am also having this problem when trying to set an SSL certificate for a specific website using the latest version of Plesk 11 on Windows Server 2008 R2. It has worked fine on other domains, the only thing different about this subscription is that it failed a couple of times before hand so not sure if that caused Plesk to freak out.

Any word on a fix for this?

Bob

For the reference of the techs, I get the following error:

Unable to reconfigure Web server: websrvmng failed: A specified logon session does not exist. It may already have been terminated. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070520) In Microsoft.Web.Administration module Exception type: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException at Microsoft.Web.Administration.Interop.IAppHostMethodInstance.Execute() at Microsoft.Web.Administration.Binding.AddSslCertificate(Byte[] certificateHash, String certificateStoreName) at Microsoft.Web.Administration.BindingManager.BindingTransaction.Commit() at Microsoft.Web.Administration.BindingManager.Save() at Microsoft.Web.Administration.ServerManager.CommitChanges() at ServerManagerFactory.commit() at IIS7ServerManager.commit(IIS7ServerManager* )

It makes me sad.

I tried the fix here: http://mywindowsblog.com/?p=556 but no luck.

I also tried BrunoMiguels suggestion but I simple got an error saying:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\bin>websrvmng.exe --remove-vhost --
vhost-name=ULTIMATEBVI.com

C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\bin>websrvmng.exe --install-vhost -
-vhost-name=MYDOMAIN.com
A specified logon session does not exist. It may already have been terminated. (
Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070520)
In Microsoft.Web.Administration module
Exception type: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException
at Microsoft.Web.Administration.Interop.IAppHostMethodInstance.Execute()
at Microsoft.Web.Administration.Binding.AddSslCertificate(Byte[] certificateH
ash, String certificateStoreName)
at Microsoft.Web.Administration.BindingManager.BindingTransaction.Commit()
at Microsoft.Web.Administration.BindingManager.Save()
at Microsoft.Web.Administration.ServerManager.CommitChanges()
at ServerManagerFactory.commit()
at IIS7ServerManager.commit(IIS7ServerManager* )

Hi all,

Unfortunately BrunoMiguel's suggestion - while definitely worth a try for me - completely killed the subscription so I had to delete it and re-create from scratch (databases, files, SSL certificate - everything).

I have recreated the subscription and still receive the error below when I try to assign an SSL certificate.

This is a really serious problem for me - can anyone help? I've been trying to buy support from Parallels for two weeks now (I live in the UK) and am just passed from department to department and promised a call back.

Thanks

Bob

Back