• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Creating the Name Server

MarkcRobinson

New Pleskian
I have two servers, a plesk 11 installation and a plesk 12. Running Centos.

On the plesk 11, set up by others, I have a nameserver running NS1.xxxx.net & ns2.xxxx.net point to the IP of the server.

I want to create a nameserver on the plesk 12 -- can't see how to do this. Is there a nameserver setup function in plesk 12?

More advanced question:
The domain name xxx.net is hosted at 1&1 where I have put the IP of the plesk 11 server in the A records for ns1.xxxx.net and ns2.xxxx.net. I have pointed ns3.xxxx.net and ns4.xxx.net at the IP of the Plesk 12 server -- as I would like to use these addresses for consistency. If necessary, I'll use ns1/ns2.yyyy.net.

Hi Mark,

Using ns3.xxx.net and ns4.xxx.net will be perfectly fine.

You have done half of the setup by setting up the a-records however you will also need to set up registry/glue records at your domain registrar.

In your registration control panel for xxx.net there should be a section to more registry/glue records, you will likely see the ns1 and ns2 ones already there. You will just need to create ns3 and ns4 and enter the IP's of the Plesk server.

That should be it :)

Back