• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Creation of new webspaces only available when the administrator is not in Service Provider view?

Schwarzdesign

New Pleskian
I'm trying to figure out how to restrict Customer accounts from creating new webspaces. What I noticed is that when adding a new Domain, the available options for a Customer account or WebMaster User change based on the active view of the administrator account. I have tried it with two browsers, one logged in as admin, one logged in as Customer.
  • While the admin is in Super User view: The customer account can create new Domains with new Webspaces ("Location of the website's files" -> "Create a new Webspace").
  • While the admin is in Service Provider view: The customer account can only add Domains to existing Webspaces ("Location of the website's files" doesn't have the option to Create a new webspace).
Is this the intended behaviour? Why do the options change based on the active view of the Admin account? This is pretty confusing.

What I really want is to restrict the Customer account from creating new webspaces, but I haven't found any permissions on the customer account level. How can I achieve this?
Thanks!

Can anyone answer that? I got the LMGTFY badge for this question apparently, but to me it's not obvious what's happening here, and I can't find any information despite searching the forums deeply. Any hints as to where I can look to get this information would be very much appreciated!

Just go to customer's subscription and disable

Domains management
Subdomains management
Domain aliases management

in subscription Permissions tab.
After that customer will not be able to create these items in his control panel.

Back