• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Critical problem with Feedbackform

K

kotisivutcom

Hi,

I have foud that couple of our customers have problems with Feedbackform - it doesn't work reliable.

Usually Feedback works fine and returns the configured Response-text. But sometimes it returns
the default response-text (Thank you for your feedback!) and feedback doesn't deliver to specified email at all !!
If I have logged in to Sitebuilder Feedbackform seems to work out.

Is this a bug or what could be the reason?

I tested my demoFeedback and found:
- First time / Browser I wrote feedback it works fine.
- Second++ time / Browser I wrote feedback I got the default response-text (Thank you for your feedback!) and feedback didn't delivered to my email.

Could you check this!

First of all, please check the mail log on the server where site is published to. Check it in the moment of sending 2nd message.
Also, do you have set up following parameter for Sitebuilder in config file - 'limit_for_next_send_message' - which allows changing the number of minutes to wait before the same site visitor may submit another feedback message. By default there is 30 minutes delay exists between two feedbacks from one site visitor (to avoid spam).

I checked mail logs and found only the first message (that went fine to mailbox). Nothing errors.

Should i put this "limit_for_next_send_message" parameter to sb_root/config file? I couldn't find it now at all.
Anyway I put it there like:

[feedback]
limit_for_next_send_message = 0

Then I re-published the site - nothing happened. How can I turn off this limit_for_next_send_message??

Hi,

I gave the command: sb_config --verbose
Now it seems to work, but only with Firefox.

This fix doesn't work with IE or Opera!!

What could be the problem now?

Firefox: 3.0.7
IE: 7.0.6.....
Opera: 9.64

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

Can anyone at Parrallels check this and reply to my questions!

So, as I understand messages are sent through feedback form one by one but it works only under Firefox? Officially, Opera browser does not supported but it should work fine with IE 6.x. 7.x. Do you get any error messages on the screen? Do you get any error messages in mail log files? Do you get any messages in apache log files on published side? I need more information to be able to understand what could be wrong.
Try to re-publish the entire site, clean browser's cache and temporary files and check this case on more time.

Please help...

I too am facing the same problem...
I'm an end-user...
I had inserted the feedback form into my website and configured it to send me a mail to my email address...
But, when it is filled and submitted, i don't get the mail, even after 10days...!
This causes a great loss of inquiry/customers too...

Can u please help me on what else should i configure...

Back