• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Cron Daemon: show message: edit /etc/tmpreaper.conf to remove this message (look for SHOWWARNING)

Zurrie

New Pleskian
Hello everyone,

My Plesk INFO:
OS Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS
Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.32 Update #2

Problem: i got this error after uninstall imunify360
============================================================
/etc/cron.daily/tmpreaper:
Please read /usr/share/doc/tmpreaper/README.security.gz first;
edit /etc/tmpreaper.conf to remove this message (look for SHOWWARNING).
============================================================
but then i try to reinstall imunify360 again but the cron daemon still keep sending this message.

Q: does anyone know whats the meaning of those message in cron?

Thanks, best regards

When I try:

sed -i 's/SHOWWARNING=true/SHOWWARNING=false/' /etc/tmpreaper.conf

I get:

sed: can't read /etc/tmpreaper.conf: No such file or directory

Any other ideas? Or did I do it wrong?

How about creating that config file with the option to disable the warning:
Code:
echo "SHOWWARNING=false" > /etc/tmpreaper.conf
Maybe that'll work.

I receive this message via e-mail once a week:
Code:
/bin/sh: line 1: /opt/alt/tmpreaper/usr/sbin/tmpreaper: No such file or directory
A while ago I installed Immunify360, uninstalled it and now have ImunifyAV installed.

I don't have any /etc/tmpreaper.conf

How do I get rid of these e-mails?

Any update on this?
Code:
# sed -i 's/SHOWWARNING=true/SHOWWARNING=false/' /etc/tmpreaper.conf
as described in the link above doesn't work because:
sed: can't read /etc/tmpreaper.conf: No such file or directory

Today, once again I received an email saying:
Code:
/bin/sh: line 1: /opt/alt/tmpreaper/usr/sbin/tmpreaper: No such file or directory

Hi @Phantasia , I have the exact same issue after uninstalling Imunify360 and going back to ImunifyAv free. Were you able to stop the notifications? What did you do? I believe there must be a way to manually delete the cron job that is triggering them...

Hi @Phantasia , I have the exact same issue after uninstalling Imunify360 and going back to ImunifyAv free. Were you able to stop the notifications? What did you do? I believe there must be a way to manually delete the cron job that is triggering them...
Hello @jhernanper,
no, unfortunately I still get this message by mail on a weekly basis:
Code:

Did you check /etc/cron/weekly if there is a weekly job of it? Did you check the /etc/cron/hourly entries, too, because it just might show up weekly but might be executed in an hourly script? Did you check /var/spool/cron for jobs that could trigger it?

Did you check /etc/cron/weekly if there is a weekly job of it? Did you check the /etc/cron/hourly entries, too, because it just might show up weekly but might be executed in an hourly script? Did you check /var/spool/cron for jobs that could trigger it?
Hello Peter,
I just found 2 entries in /etc/cron.d: imunify-antivirus and imunify-notifier. Can I delete these entries?

imunify-antivirus
Code:
PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin

# Every Saturday at 1:25
25 1 * * 6     root    /opt/alt/tmpreaper/usr/sbin/tmpreaper 168 /var/imunify360/tmp
# Every 5 minutes. Ignore "ERROR: imunify360 service is running."
*/5 * * * *    root    imunify360-agent malware on-demand check-detached > /dev/null 2>&1  || :
17 4 * * *     root    /opt/imunify360/venv/share/imunify360/scripts/report-command-error /opt/imunify360/venv/share/imunify360/scripts/update_components_versions.py > /dev/null 2>&1

imunify-notifier
Code:
# CONTENT OF THIS FILE IS GENERATED AUTOMATICALLY, DO NOT EDIT
SHELL=/bin/bash
MAILTO=""
* * * * * root /usr/sbin/imunify-notifier -update-cron

You could try to comment the line
Code:
25 1 * * 6     root    /opt/alt/tmpreaper/usr/sbin/tmpreaper 168 /var/imunify360/tmp
(add a # as the first character of the line).

Back