• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Cron issue

DaveKay

Regular Pleskian
For some strange reason I have just started receiving the following cron report to the root user email address:

From: Cron <root@admin> cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.hourly

run-parts: /etc/cron.hourly/ctoblogs exited with return code 127

Does anyone know what this cronjob is and whether it's important? Can't seem to find anything useful on Google etc...

Thanks

Commtouch Outbound Spam and Virus protection for Parallels Plesk. Its important if you have a licence for outbound spam control.

I've recently uninstalled that add-on which must be why the cronjob was erroring!

So I presume I'm ok to remove it!

Hi Alexander,

I can't remember if the cron job was displayed in Plesk or not...

If it was, go to Tools & Settings > Scheduled Tasks, then select the root user.

The cron job will be displayed in the list and you can remove it from there.

If it's not there, you'll need to run an SSH session and edit/remove the cron job from /etc/cron.hourly/

Hope this helps!

Dave

Back