• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Cronjobs not working

EdwardVer

New Pleskian
I was trying to do a cronjob on my server to automate website restore of a demo website.

This is the cronjob task i added with SSH command:
---------------------------------------------------------

sh /var/www/vhosts/mydomain.com/subdomains/restorexx.sh

This is the actual file being called:

mysql -u root –password=pa$$word < /var/www/vhosts/mydomain.com/subdomains/study.restore/study_.sql
rm -Rf /var/www/vhosts/mydomain.com/subdomains/study/*
cp -Rf /var/www/vhosts/mydomain.com/subdomains/study.restore/* /var/www/vhosts/mydomain.com/subdomains/study/
find /var/www/vhosts/mydomain.com/subdomains/study -type f -print | xargs chmod 644
find /var/www/vhosts/mydomain.com/subdomains/study -type d -print | xargs chmod 755

--------------------------------------------------------

I have never done this before so any advice on how to make it to work would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Hi,
Thanks for the reply. I was using via shell (crontab -e) and also tried the task manager in parallels.

I tried to run each line via shell and it execute each line without a problem. This should work in cronjob.

mysql -uuser -ppassword databasename </var/www/vhosts/mydomain.com/subdomains/study.restore/study_.sql
rm -Rf /var/www/vhosts/mydomain.com/subdomains/study/*
cp -Rf /var/www/vhosts/mydomain.com/subdomains/study.restore/* /var/www/vhosts/mydomain.com/subdomains/study/
find /var/www/vhosts/mydomain.com/subdomains/study -type f -print | xargs chmod 644
find /var/www/vhosts/mydomain.com/subdomains/study -type d -print | xargs chmod 755

But the owner group is not correct

CHMOD command

BTW, Is this the right CHMOD command? It doesn't seem to work

Each line works, ok, but does the shell script work?
If not: chmod u+x -> makes it executable

After creating the cronjob, did you get a message like:
"New conjob installed"?

If not, check crontab:

sh /var/www/vhosts/mydomain.com/subdomains/restorexx.sh

is not enough, you need to set a time, the job's supposed to start,
something like:

4 * * * * sh /var/www/vhosts/mydomain.com/subdomains/restorexx.sh

have a look at:
[german]
http://troubadix.dn.fh-koeln.de/unix/cronjobs_syntax.html
[english]
http://www.thegeekstuff.com/2009/06/15-practical-crontab-examples/

Don't know what you mean, sry.

I'm not sure if find works that way, ask google ;)

I already have this :

32 * * * * sh /var/www/vhosts/mydomain.com/subdomains/restorexx.sh on

What i meant by that is when i manually try each command in shell, the owner/group is set to none. If there is no owner group i cannot access the admi area of the website.

...and i am googling now for 2 hours :p

The cron job is save and installed. I can see it with crontab -e

49 * * * * /var/www/vhosts/mydomain.com/subdomains/test.sh

The problem is, it does not execute.

Last edited:
Solved

I solved my issue with countless hours of trying.

In Plesk Control Panel, I have choosen "Access to the server over SSH : /bin/bash" and used the the "Scheduled Task Manager" to execute the cron job.

30 * * * * /bin/sh /var/www/vhosts/mydomain.com/subdomains/restore.sh

Not it works!

Back