• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

crontab notification

P

path2u

I have a ton of crontab jobs running at high frequency ... how to I disable crontab notificaiton emails.
If I try leaving email field blank I get an error.
My catch all email account is overflowing constantly.
Thanks,
Jesse

You could always use a 'blackhole' email account (an email account which does not have the checkmark in 'mailbox'. This will effectively send the emails to /dev/nul.

(just a thought)

good idea

I like that idea ... thanks ... however I am not sure I can implement it with my current setup. We have a dedicated server which is not acting as email server, but instead is pointing MX records to outside email service.
I do not think I have the ability to make a Black Hole account there, even though I can make a catch-all.

I had the same type of issue with a couple minutely jobs running. Even though there was no output from the job, an email is still sent out. My dedicated server provider only allows 1000 emails per day, and if you submit a form showing you are not sending spam mail, they'll up it to 5000. With just one minutely job the server already sends out 1,440 emails per day. To get around this, I don't use Plesk to schedule minutely jobs and now just schedule the minutely jobs by logging in via SSH and type in the command crontab -e to edit the crontab file directly.

Looks like this method is still sending messages. I'll post an update if I figure out a fix for this.

Back