• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Crontabs automatic backup

A

ASchwiedy

Hi,

where can i find the crontabs for automatic backup on my rootserver?
Where cronjobs are stored ?

Andi

i did

Of course i did.
I can see the "standard-cronjobs" but no one for a domainbackup

14 5 * * * /usr/local/psa/bin/mysqldump.sh >/dev/null 2>&1
7 4 * * * /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/statistics >/dev/null 2>&1
17 7 * * * /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/php /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/report/autoreport.php --auto daily >/dev/null 2>&1
17 7 * * 1 /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/php /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/report/autoreport.php --auto weekly >/dev/null 2>&1
17 7 1 * * /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/php /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/report/autoreport.php --auto monthly >/dev/null 2>&1
*/30 * * * * /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/backupmng >/dev/null 2>&1
*/1 * * * * /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/php /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/ttsmailparse.php

Now i habe a problem.
When i set 3 scheduled backups (3:00/3:05/3:10) to a remote ftp, only the first one is beginning.

automatic backup on my rootserver
From this it sounded like you had created a SERVER backup as a cronjob.
Where cronjobs are stored ?
Is what I was responding to in your original post.
Of course i did.
You did not specify that you had, and I did not want to assume you had, so I asked. Remember there ARE a lot of new admins which post, and I don't like assuming that all posts are from experienced admins.
but no one for a domainbackup
Now I know what you are looking for, originally I thought you had scheduled a job using the Backup Utils manually and could not find it....

When you create a Domain Scheduled Backup in the Control Panel, it puts the information into the Plesk 'psa' database, in the 'BackupTasks' table, referenced by the domain id 'obj_id' field. Then the cronjob you see in the root user, 'backupmng' which runs every 30 minutes is what checks the database to see if any backups should be run at the current time.

When i set 3 scheduled backups (3:00/3:05/3:10) to a remote ftp, only the first one is beginning
You may want to increase the time between the scheduled jobs

Hope this helps you out.

Is there any reason that modifying the cron "backupmng" to less time than 30 minutes would cause issues?

Given a 500mb cap and 100 domains, using 15 minute intervals, your going to hit 94 before overlap commences.

What is the exemplar for Plesk?

Back