• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the current Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Cryptid connections to Mail and FTp protocols

SAngeli

New Pleskian
Hi,

Hi,
I am learning how to use Plesk through “Customer's Guide, Plesk 12.0” manual from Odin website. I have a VPS Cloud plan at OVH with Plesk 12 Web Admin + CentOS 6.6

I wish to know how to enable POP3, IMAP, SMTP, FTP protocols with a cryptid connections using native Plesk/CentOS certificate (not purchasing one but self-made by the server). Moreover, I wish to know if it uses SSL or TLS.

Thank you

@SAngeli,

I refer to the answer of IgorG and I add the following, with respect to FTP secure connections.

The Plesk FTP server already allows for secure connections with TLS (SSL is not desirable and not enabled by default).

Any encryption of FTP connections is to be seen completely separate from encryption of mail (server) connections, even though similar terms do apply and/or can be found online.

The FTP protocol is simply different, the corresponding encryption too.

The configuration of FTP with TLS (secured connections) is fairly straightforward and I have given an introduction in another post:

http://talk.plesk.com/threads/tips-...tp-with-tls-and-ftp-backup-repository.332166/

In short, hope the above helps.

Kind regards.....

Back