• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Current website is Joomla, I want to replace with Wordpress

martynbiz

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Not sure
Plesk version and microupdate number
Hi. I'm helping out some friends whose host has Plesk.. they currently have an instance of Joomla, but we want to replace this with Wordpress. If I were just to install wordpress at the root of the domain at field "Installation path" would this overwrite the current files? This would be good when we are ready to replace the site, ofcouse will back up the current site files.

Or is there a safer/better way to do this in Plesk?

Plesk Obsidian Web Pro Edition
Version 18.0.62

Hi. I'm helping out some friends whose host has Plesk.. they currently have an instance of Joomla, but we want to replace this with Wordpress. If I were just to install wordpress at the root of the domain at field "Installation path" would this overwrite the current files? This would be good when we are ready to replace the site, ofcouse will back up the current site files.
Most likely, yes. (But it depends on how the current website is setup).

Or is there a safer/better way to do this in Plesk?
Create the new Wordpress website at a sub domain while you're working on it. Once ready delete the old Joomla site, after which you clone the Wordpress site to the document root of the primairy domain.

Back