• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Cust. Business Manager Importing

M

maddieboi

Hi,

I have two questions...

1) I have Plesk 10.2, with the Customer & Busienss Manager. the CBM was installed well after I started using Plesk. How do I get the CBM to import the existing customers in the panel? or is there some SQL commands etc I can run to link these up to allow the billing to work, and have the customer see their billing inside their control panel?

2) I also own a perpetual licence for Parallels Plesk Billing 6.x which doesnt work with Plesk 10 ... however, I have a amount of history in this system that I would like to import into Customer and Business Manager.

Parallels: do you have importers yet??? how do I get these resolved, so that I can bill my customers again??

Thanks Sergey,

Thanks for the info - I hadnt found that document in the Guide...

However, this raises a few questions ...

1) will this "maintain" the connection between the customers and plans from previous versions? because we have upgraded from Plesk 9.x to 10.x the way plans/customers are links is different?

2) how long until the import functionality is available?

3) How would I have Parallels support perform the import in the time being ..... given that I am a SoftLayer customer - not a direct Parallels customer .... do I log this issue with Softlayer, for Parallels to look into it? I have already had someone from parallels connect to the server to tell me that there is nthing they can do until the importer works.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Hello,

1) The referenced import from standalone installation will convert the connection between customers and plans to new format. This process is pretty much similar to upgrade.

2) Expected in the mid-summer. I'll check whether we can provide some self-guided instructions for the current version.

3) I see. This way you will need to contact SoftLayer first.

Thanks Sergey,

some info/instructions would be great - that way I could get it done quickly, myself - without the back-and-forth type of support tickets to ensure that its all linked up correctly.

I will do an import of the standalone billing system - then I will only have a few customers to set up (that were entered directly into the Plesk Panel after I did the update to 10... (they were not entered into the PPB standalone system..

Looking forward to some instructions to complete the update ;)

Any update??

Hi Sergey and team Parallels...

do we have any update on the availability of the instructions to manually link client in the Plesk Panel 10.x into Plesk Customer and Business Manager??

Hi,

Unfortunately there is no automated way to import customers and other stuff from Panel 10.2 into Business Manager. Hope that you've successfully performed import from Billing 6.x and you need to import only a few customers.
Below is detailed instruction how to import them manually:

1. Switch off cron task syncing Panel and Business manager
Open file /etc/cron.d/plesk-billing in any editor and put sign # before line "*/5 * * * * psaadm /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/php /opt/plesk-billing/htdocs/admin/sbin/runevents.php > /dev/null 2>&1"

Then restart cron service:
#service crond restart

2. Determine ID of the panel you will perform import from
Go to CBM, System Configuration > Server Groups, find needed group and server inside it.
Look at the URL under some tool (Log In or Edit for example) find there parameter configGroupID and remember its value. This value is Panel ID in CBM.

3. Create service plans in CBM manually you need to create only service plans which have been sold to customers you want to import. Other service plans in Panel can be skipped;
Note that all values (disk space, traffic, other limits) entered in Business Manager will override Panel ones after synchronization.
If you already have all needed service plans created in CBM and synced, skip steps 3 and 4.

4. Link these service plans with Panel
Retrieve guids from CBM database:
#bash> mysql uadmin p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` billing
#mysql> select product_id, product_name, guid from products;

Then insert these guids into Panel database:
#bash> mysql uadmin p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` psa
#mysql> select id, name from Templates;
#mysql> update Templates set external_id = <guid> where id = <plan_id>;

Then go to CBM > Plans, check all created plans and use tool Sync to sync them with Panel. After these actions all linked service plans in Panel must have link Business manager.

5. Create customers in CBM manually pay attention that when all procedures will be finished customer will be able to log in into Panel with username and password entered on this step.
All entered information (name, address and so on) will override the same information in Plesk panel after synchronization.

6. Create subscriptions manually open customers profile and use tool Add New Subscription.
Set there all needed parameters and primary domain name (this domain name is shown in the list of subscriptions for given customer and its marked with bold in the list of his domains in Hosting Panel, tab Websites & domains), select appropriate service plan.

Then open subscriptions settings, click Edit and change status to Active.

Then go to Events menu and cancel event for provisioning find event Process Panel of subscription <id>, expand toolbar (arrow on the left of id column), click Edit and change events status to Canceled.
Find created subscription in the subscriptions list, remember its ID.

7. Link these subscriptions with Panel
Set proper Panel ID for subscription properties:
#bash> mysql uadmin p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` billing
#mysql> update package_attributes set config_group_id = <Panel_ID> where package_id = <id> and server_group_id <> 0
Here <id> is ID of subscription from step 6, <Panel_ID> is ID of Panel obtained at step 2

8. Sync all imported customers and subscriptions check these objects in corresponding lists and use tool Sync

9. Switch on cron task syncing Panel and Business manager
Open file /etc/cron.d/plesk-billing in any editor and remove # sign before the line */5 * * * * psaadm /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/php /opt/plesk-billing/htdocs/admin/sbin/runevents.php > /dev/null 2>&1, save changes

Then restart cron service:
#service crond restart

Hi Sergey,

While I wait for the migration tool from the panel (10.2) to the CBM, could you explain step 7 on an MS svr08 R2 x64 environment?

Kind regards,

Ed Hallett - Bluestone Systems

<rant>
I've been dealing with Tech support with various tickets **on this exact issue** for close to 7 months regarding this. I migrated from plesk 9.5 to 10.2, and was never told my customers would not be imported into the business manager. The main reason I bought the new version was because of the business manager. No-one told me there was no way to migrate customers across, and even your own techs have been struggling to try to migrate customers. I have over 100 customers, and only around 5 of them in the business manager, and close to 3 months of my own work wasted so far and quite a few gray hairs now. In final fit of fury at more "provisioning errors" I have asked for a refund on the panel just recently; I've since calmed down. Hopefully this tool be be out pretty soon, or you can provide a replacement for step 7 so I can make some real progress for the first time in months.
</rant>

Sergey,

For the incredible patience you show, someone should make you a saint. Saint Sergey has a good ring.
I have an image of my server in a VM as a test environment, and I'll 'upgrade' to 10.3 beta in it. I'm happy to provide access to Parallels for bug / beta testing in a 'live' environment if you're interested. Send me a message for more details if you like.

I'll let this forum know how I go.

Kind Regards,

Ed Hallett
Bluestone Systems

Last edited by a moderator:
Back