• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Custom 500:100 error page

jswainosd

New Pleskian
Hi,

I have searched the internet and seen many people asking the question and nobody really getting an answer so here goes ...

I have Plesk 11.5 (service provider mode) on a Windows 2008 server IIS7.

Most of my sites are developed in .asp and therefore i use a custom 500-100.asp error page that check s the IP of the visitor then displays either a friendly error, or if its my IP a full error of what has happened (it also emails me the error). This allows me to debug pages easily whilst developing and to keep an eye on anyone trying SQL Injection hacks on my sites (as the error and email also have session variables and IP address).

I dont have root access to the server as it is a Webfusion dedicated server.

I have following the Plesk documentation -

1) Switch on custom errors for the subscription
2) Look in virtual directories and navigate to error documents
3) Find the error in question (500:100) and change it to point at either a file or URL

FILE - I had the data centre add in the 500-100.asp error page in to the virtual template so that my page is available in the list of virtual files - this didn't work but that maybe because its not a static page??

URL - when i add the path it says its incorrect, if i add a fully qualified address, it accepts it but it doesn't work.

Can someone give me a specific example of the URL that can be entered relative to the root as the format in the documentation isnt accepted.

The last step is to restart IIS which is also an issue as i cant seem to do this from the Plesk panel :(

It is as if it isnt catching the 500:100 error, and only catching the general 500 error??

Can anyone shine some light on this?

Jason

Back