• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Custom Banners - Anyone know optimum sizes

L

lisal

I'm having a lot of trouble lately getting custom banner images to upload and/or display properly. (not loading at all or transparency not being effective despite using png, gif etc)

There used to be a message at the top of the screen telling you maximum size if you tried to upload something too big. That doesn't seem to happen anymore. Images seem to either be resized inappropriately and lose their transparency or not upload at all.

Does anyone have any solutions for these problems?

imho, most of the templates need to have a custom banner to make them useable and relative to the individual website, especially business sites. Don't suppose there are any plans in the pipeline for some new templates?

My poor man's workaround for this has been to do the following in powerpoint:

1. copy default banner image from a preview of the page to a folder

2. Import banner picture to Powerpoint

2. create new banner components over the imported image, careful to not resize original.

4. Stay within frame limits of imported picture

5. When satisfied with "new image" overlaid over the default image that was imported, then "save as picture" (default will be PNG).

6. Then upload to Sitebuilder.

Generally this works OK for a not very scientific way to get around the banner size issues because each template banner seems to be built differently.

custom banner transparency problem

Hi, thank you very much for your suggestion. I will try it out tomorrow.
I had tried something similar without any success, which was to drag the template banner onto my desktop, open it in photoshop to find out what size it was and make my own banner to the exact same size. When uploaded it still lost transparency properties!
Thanks again for your reply and info. I will let you know how I get on.

Good luck

I tried the same to use existing dimensions in pixels, did not work for me either.

Wierd thing is that when you save the picture in powerpoint, the dimensions are quite different than the image copied off the preview.

But at least it has worked for me on 4 of the templates thus far. Good luck!

Hello,

Probably this link could be helpful for you: http://download1.parallels.com/SiteBuilder/4.5.0/doc/admin/en_US/html/index.htm?fileName=64020.htm

It is possible to to change the Wizard behavior upon bigger logo/banner image upload:

1. Open for editing Plesk Sitebuilder configuration file.
/usr/local/sitebuilder/config on RPM-based systems
/usr/opt/sitebuilder/config on debian-based systems

2. To change default logo upload behavior, add the following string under the General section:
logo_resize_type = [keep_asis|error|simple|keep_aspect_ratio]

3. To change default banner upload behavior, add the following string under the General section:
banner_resize_type = [keep_asis|error|simple|keep_aspect_ratio]
4. Save the file.

OK this may sound dumb but where is the Plesk sitebuilder configuration file? I would really like to change the setting to "resize"

Back