• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Custom Button to Mail Server

atomic

New Pleskian
After dealing with the Plesk vulnerabilities and patching those by upgrading to 9.5.4, we have gone through and changed all passwords for client access, FTP accounts, Plesk logins, linux root logins. However, we would also like to change the password on our mail server that is running plesk.
The problem is if we do, our custom button that is on our 2 Plesk web servers under each domain for mail users and settings, will no longer work. When you click the button under that domain, it takes you to our mail server under that domain so you can view/edit/delete email accounts for that specific domain. The button works by linking to "/enterprise/remote_sender.php?url=" with what looks like a MD5 hash on the end, most likely containing user, password, client id and god knows what else.
If I change the password for the mail server, how can I recreate this link for the custom button with the new password? Any help would be greatly appreciated as I would like to get this password changed sooner than later just to make sure I have all my bases covered to try to prevent further server compromises.

Last edited:
Solved Centralized Mail Button

If you have the Plesk Expand 2.3.2 and Plesk Centralized Mail Server (Version 9.5.4 Linux) and you want to update the remote mail button or centralized mail button, all you have to do is log into Expand, click on Centralized Mail, click on your mail server (middle of the screen) and then at the top click change password.

In past versions we had to write the remote mail button script ourselves, that is why we were asking everyone for help.

Hope this helps someone else.

Back