• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Custom NameServers

Rhyce

New Pleskian
Hello all!

I am currently having problems with custom GoDaddy nameservers and Plesk.
I have Plesk installed on my personal Dedicated server.
I want to setup so customers can use my namservers rather than giving them the IPs for quick and simple setup to my server.
I have done this before Successfully using Sentora.
I feel as I have setup GoDaddy correctly and am new to Plesk. I have setup the hostnames in my DNS manager to ns1.mydomain.co.uk along with ns2.mydomain.co.uk and is linked to my IP correctly.

I have also changed the default nameservers on the other domain to the ones said above. (as you would do if it were to redirect through CloudFlare).

Sorry for the bad description, I am a website developer and am new to DNS and Plesk.

Thanks for any tips and advice on setting this up correctly!

Have you set your A records for ns1 and ns2 in Domain Registar's DNS zone?

Please use Domain Registar "default" Name Servers in Domain Registar's DNS zone.

In Domain Registar(where you bought the domain from, not the Plesk) DNS Zone,

ns1.mydomain.co.uk A Your-IP-1
ns2.mydomain.co.uk A Your-IP-2

Name Server Section,
Default Name Servers for the Registar

Last edited:
Yes. I have the default GoDaddy name servers on my first domain along with the custom A records as above. I have also set the name servers for the second domain from the GoDaddy default to ns1.firstdomain.co.uk and ns2.firstdomain.co.uk

Hi,

Please create,

ns1.firstdomain.co.uk A Your-IP-1
ns2.firstdomain.co.uk A Your-IP-2

in your Plesk Panel, in the firstdomain.co.uk and see if it helps.

I previously had this issue. Server wasn't responding to these A records without having them in Plesk Panel DNS Zone

I have checked and these seem to have been setup by default in firstdomain.co.uk.
I get the error: ERR_NAME_RESOLUTION_FAILED from Chrome if that helps at all.

These A records are in mydomain.co.uk DNS. Just to check; you do mean here:
dns1.png

I have checked on the DNS checker and mydomain.co.uk is fine, ns1.mydomain.co.uk seems to be fine for the places that matter (US, UK, etc..) however ns2.mydomain.co.uk doesn't seem to work anywhere.

Back