• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Custom PHP directives not being applied? (don't show up when running phpinfo)

OlgaKM

Basic Pleskian
I am running PHP under Plesk 12.5 on Linux as FastCGI. I am trying to set up XDebug for one domain, and in order to do this, I'm putting the following directives into the text box "Additional configuration directives":

zend_extension = xdebug.so
xdebug.default_enable = 0
xdebug.overload_var_dump = 0
xdebug.trace_enable_trigger=1
xdebug.auto_trace=0
xdebug.collect_params=4
xdebug.show_mem_delta=1
xdebug.trace_output_dir=/var/tmp/xdebug

When I check the file /var/www/vhosts/system/stroyfon.com/etc/php.ini from the command line, the directives are there. However, if I run phpinfo through the browser, none of these settings are shown.

I am not sure if it's necessary when adding directives through the CP, but just in case, I have run `service httpd restart`.

What am I doing wrong?

Further testing: changing any of the other PHP settings (I tried toggling log_errors on and off) worked fine.

Last edited:
In reading the XDebug documentation, I found out that XDebug is incompatible with Ioncube Loader, which is by default enabled on plesk. The Ioncube Loader can be disabled by commenting out the following line in /etc/php.d/ioncube.ini:

; zend_extension=/usr/lib64/php/ioncube/ioncube_loader_lin_5.4.so

Back